Sunday, March 29, 2009

Welcome Drayke

Drayke was born at 5:23pm on March 27th, 2009.

Weight: 6 lbs, 11.9 oz
Length: 19"

My induction story, I was was admitted to the hospital at 6am on Friday. I was put in my room and filled out all the fun paperwork that was required. I also found out that Tiff would be my nurse and that was super exciting. I was dialated to a 2 and 50% upon arrival. No contractions. I was given my first does of Cervadil at 6:30 am. At 9:30 am, no change so I was given another dose. Doctor Abrams came in at 12:40 to check me and I was at a 5 and 80% but still no contrctions that I was feeling. He broke my water at 12:50pm. I then started having contractions 2 minutes apart but they were not too bad. My body kicked in with the good contractions shortly after. At 3pm I asked for an epideral becuause I could not handle the contractions. 3:30 or so I had the epideral and it was such a positive experience compared to Brocks labor. It was painless and fast. I was checked because I was feeling pressure at 4:30, I was complete and ready to push. Baby was still pretty high so I choose to let him labor down until I could not stand the pressure anymore. I said I wanted to push at 5:18 and at 5:23pm Drayke was born with 2 pushes. I had no tears or required any treatment. Drayke came out screaming and so darn cute. I have no swelling, nothing. I could not have asked for a better delivery or anything. We are home (Saturday afternoon) and everyhting is wonderful.




Brock was very excited to meet Drayke and he is the first thing he asked for this morning, "Momma, Baby Drayke get up now too?" He likes to hold him and he always finds a blanket and pillow and askes for Drayke to lay by him to watch TV or to cuddle. It is amazing to know that we are blessed to have both of these healthy and wonderful boys. We can't wait to watch them grow up. I will get some pictures from my camera up here sometime this week.

1 comment:

Sweet Cheeks said...

freaking adorable! yeah!